There’s a reason we love bananas. Not only are they yellow like us. They’re also packed with awesome nutrients (think tryptophan, magnesium and potassium) which are thought to induce relaxation mode. That’s why this tea is ideal for sending anyone off into a sleepy paradise. Even if you hate bananas. The end result? You wake up feeling well rested, delightfully chipper and ready to take on your day. Go on, try it.
bedtime banana tea
ingredients (and their dreamy benefits)
- 1 banana (packed with sleep-loving minerals and B6 which boosts melatonin levels)
- 1 small pot of water
- dash of cinnamon (thought to relax muscles and relieve tension in the body)
- Heat the pot of water on the hob until it boils.
- In the meantime, cut both ends off the banana and place it into the pan with its peel still on.
- Let the banana boil in the water for 10 minutes until it’s deliciously soft. Then, using a colander, strain the banana tea into a hearty-sized mug.
- Sprinkle in a dash of cinnamon and give it a stir.
- Sip, savour and enjoy an hour before bed while snuggled into your cosiest PJ's.